This article will be your guide on how to prepare egg fried rice and serve with weekends or occasions. This recipe is recommended for people who want to go for a fast and quick rice recipe.
Please replace the “rice” with “Cauliflower Rice” and skip the Maggi sauce if you are on a keto diet.
- 3 cups boiled white rice
- 5 eggs
- Maggi long neck seasoning or soy sauce
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- Red Pepper
- Green Pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
The Maggi sauce and soy sauce contain MSG so if you are allergic or you don’t want to eat it, skip these completely.
Marinated with a blend of:
- White onions
- Black pepper
- Suya spice
- Olive oil
If you don’t have suya pepper, add a bit of peanut butter.
Cooking Directions to Prepare the Egg Fried Rice
- Mix the thyme, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. Divide into 5 and set aside.
- Break the eggs one by one, beat and season with the mixed seasoning.
- Marinate the chicken quarters with the onion blend, cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 deg C (400F) or till golden and no blood is insight.
- Pour some olive oil in a frying pan.
- When hot, add one-fifth of the onions (diced), stir for a bit.
- Add the peppers (diced), stir for a bit and add one-fifth of the boiled rice. Stir for at most 1 minute.
- Add a few dashes of the Maggi Sauce, and pour in one of the beaten and seasoned eggs, stir gently till egg clumps form. Watch the video below for how to do this perfectly.
Serve with the onion baked chicken.