Veronica Mente (born in South Africa during the apartheid) is a politician. She currently occupies the position of the Chairperson of the EFF. She was elected to serve under the position in December 2019.
She is making an impact in the South African political scene. In May 2014, Ms. Veronica became a member of the National Assembly of South Africa.
|Name||Ntombovuyo Veronica Mente|
|Position||Chairperson of EFF|
|Party||Economic Freedom Fighters|
She hails from the Khayelitsha township situated in Cape Town, South Africa. Starting her career, Veronica worked as a member of the security for the former Mayor of Cape Town.
As a “barefoot lawyer”, she notably helped workers in Khayelitsha. Then, she served as a volunteer for LAMEC – Labour Community Advice Media and Education Centre in Khayelitsha.
She joined the political party Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) after it was founded. In the year 2014, she was elected to serve in the parliament.
Following the May 2019 election, she continued another term in office as MP. Ms. Veronica is a member of the Standing Committee on Public Accounts.
She was also an Alternate Member of the Standing Committee on the Auditor General. In September 2019, Ms. Mente became a member of the Disciplinary Committee.
In December that year, she became the EFF national chairperson. She was elected to the position at the party’s second elective conference in 2019. She took on the position from advocate Dali Mapofu.
- Party Whip at National Assembly (Parliament) since 13th June 2019
- Alternate Member at Rules of the National Assembly (National Assembly Committees) since 6th June 2019
- Party Whip at National Assembly (Parliament) from March 2015 until May 2019
- 19th Candidate at EFF National Election List 2014 (April-May 2014).
- 2nd Candidate at EFF Provincial Western Cape Election List 2014.
- 2nd Candidate at EFF Regional Western Cape Election List 2014.
- National Assembly Parliament (May 2014 until May 2019).
- Portfolio Committee on Public Service and Administration, Performance Monitoring & Evaluation (National Assembly Committees) – June 2014 until November 2016
- Ad Hoc Committee on the appointment of the Auditor-General: (Ad Hoc Committees) – June 2020 until October 2020
- Committee On Auditor-General (Committee) -June 2017 until May 2019.
- Portfolio Committee on Public Service and Administration, Performance Monitoring & Evaluation (National Assembly Committees) – November 2016 until May 2019
- Standing Committee on Public Accounts (SCOPA) (National Assembly Committees) – May 2016 until May 2019
- Joint Standing Committee on the Financial Management of Parliament (Joint Committees) – April 2016 until May 2019
- Standing Committee on Auditor General (National Assembly Committees) since May 2020
- Disciplinary Committee (National Assembly) (National Assembly Committees) since September 2019
- Standing Committee on Public Accounts (SCOPA) (National Assembly Committees) since June 2019
- National Assembly (Parliament) since May 2019
- Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) (Party)
To reach a renowned politician, you can use any of the contact options provided. Ms. Veronica’s email addresses and phone numbers;
Phone number: 072 133 9735 • 074 699 5675 • 021 403 2241.
- Veronica Mente. Wikipedia. Retrieved on 19-05-2021.
- Ms Ntombovuyo Veronica Mente. People’s Assembly. Retrieved on 19-05-2021.
Want to Submit Your Biography?
Disclaimer! Each content published on The Nation is for education-related purposes. Contact us to make corrections or contributions.