Unathi Msengana (born 6 November 1978 in Grahamstown, Eastern Cape) is a South African actress, singer, and radio personality. She is known as a co-host on youth station YFM and Metro Fm’s drivetime show with Glen Lewis.
Unathi was also a co-host on the third season of the 2004 reality competition Popstars alongside Rowan Cloete.
Her date of birth is on 6 November 1978 and her place of birth is in Grahamstown, Eastern Cape. Unathi Msengana is 41 years old (2019).
She attended Victoria Girls High school for her high school education. Unathi studied journalism and drama at Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa.
She also attended the University of Utrecht, Netherlands and studied International Media Studies.
On 19 September 2009, she and DJ Thomas Msengana aka. Bad Boy T became man and wife. The couple separated in 2017 and she confirmed their separation on TV interview session with eNCA.
She answered “no we are not”, when she was asked if she and Bad Boy T were still together. The separated couple has two (2) children together.
Msengana and her husband, DJ Thomas has two (2) children, a son Sinako and a daughter Imbo.
- South African music awards (SAMAs) 2x
- The best Urban Pop album at the SAMAs.
- Named among the top ten people in media by the Star newspaper ( 2004 &2005).
- Named the most promising woman in media at the MTN Media Awards.
- The Metro FM music award for song of the year & best-dressed artist.
- The Glamour woman of the year at the Media Star (2014).
- “With Love”
- “Brave, True and Strong”
- “Kwa Nolali”
- “Let Him Be”