Pinky Kekana (born 14 July 1966 in Bela-Bela, Limpopo) is a South African politician. She holds and serves under the position of the Deputy Minister of Communication.
She also occupies the position of the Secretary-General of the Pan African Women’s Organization (PAWO).
|Name||Pinky Sharon Kekana|
|Born||14 July 1966 (age 54 years old)|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Education and Teaching|
|Party||African National Congress|
Pinky was born in Bela-Bela (describe) on 14 July 1966. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Education and Teaching. After her academic pursuit, she was employed as an educator at Bela-Bela High School.
She has always had an interest in politics. It played a huge role in her being a member of the ruling party African National Congress.
In 1999, Pinky Sharon got a space at the Provincial legislature after being elected to the position. In 2009, she served under the position as she was re-elected.
She has made a huge impact in South Africa’s politics under several capacities. She has occupied the position of the Executive Mayor of the Waterberg District.
Pinky has also served as the MEC of Limpopo Roads and Transport. MEC for Economic Development, Environment, and Tourism was another notable position she held.
She became a member of the Parliament in 2014. Following an appointment, Pinky became the Women’s League Chairperson on International Relations and The Pan African Women’s Organisation (PAWO).
ANC branches elected her into the National Executive Committee in 2017. President Cyril Ramaphosa appointed her the position of the Deputy Minister of Communications in 2018.
In May 2014, following an election, Pinky Sharon became a member of the National Assembly. During her days as a Member of Parliament, she served on the following committee.
- Standing Committee on Finance, National Assembly Committees.
- Ad Hoc Committee on the Filling of Vacancies in the Commission for Gender Equality.
To reach the Deputy Minister of Communication, the contact details would be helpful.
- Postal Address: Private Bag X 860, PRETORIA, 0001
- Street Address: iParioli Office Park, 1166 Park Street, Hatfield, PRETORIA
- Email: [email protected] • [email protected] • [email protected]
- Phone: 076 791 8890 • 012 473 0398
- Twitter: Pinky_Kekana1
- Instagram: pinky_kekana1
- Facebook: PinkyKekana2
Positions and Memberships
Deputy Minister of Communications at National Executive (since May 2019).
National Assembly, Parliament (Member since May 2019). African National Congress (ANC) (Member).
48th Candidate at ANC National Election List 2019 (April – May 2019).
Deputy Minister of Communications at National Executive (February 2018 – May 2019).
National Assembly (Member from May 2014 – May 2019).
Ad Hoc Committee on the Filling of Vacancies in the Commission for Gender Equality (November 2016 – 26th February 2018).
Standing Committee on Finance, National Assembly Committees (June 2014 – February 2018).
Member-elect at National Assembly (Member-elect, 16-21 May 2014).
10th Candidate at ANC Regional Limpopo Election List 2014 (April – May 2014).
- Pinky Kekana. Wikipedia. Retrieved 22-05-2021.
- Ms Pinky Sharon Kekana. People’s Assembly. Retrieved 22-05-2021.
- Ms Sharon Pinky Kekana. Parliament of South Africa. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- Communications and Digital Technologies [ Deputy Ministry of ]. South African Government. Retrieved 22 May 2021.
- Pinky Kekana, Ms. South African Government. Retrieved 22 May 2021.
Want to Submit Your Biography?
Disclaimer! Each content published on The Nation is for education-related purposes. Contact us to make corrections or contributions.