Peter Moyo is a South African based businessman who is from Zimbabwe, where he was born. He was the CEO of the Old Mutual Group in South Africa.
He left the Old Mutual following disagreements over a conflict of interest issue with NMT Capital in 2019.
He holds a Bachelor of Accounting Science (Honors) degree from the University of South Africa. Peter Moyo also holds a Higher Diploma in Tax Law from the University of the Witwatersrand.
He is also a Chartered Accountant in South Africa and had his Advanced Management Programme at Harvard Business School.
He was a Partner at Ernst & Young and left in 1997 and joined Old Mutual in 1997. Peter Moyo worked as a Divisional Manager of Old Mutual Life Assurance Company in South Africa.
In June 1996, He was promoted to the General Manager until August the same year. After two (2) years, he became the CEO of the Employee Benefits Division in 1998.
He served until September 2000. Peter Moyo became Deputy Managing Director of Old Mutual Life Assurance Company in South Africa.
He became the Group Chief Executive Officer of Alexander Forbes in November 2005.
- Peter Moyo was Chairman of Willis South Africa (Pty) Limited and CSC SA Proprietary Limited.
- He served as the Independent Non-Executive Chairman of Vodacom Group Limited (2009-2017).
- Peter Moyo was the Chairman of Stanlib REIT Fund Managers RF Proprietary Limited until 2017. He also served as its Independent Non-Executive Director (2016-2017).
- Peter also served as a Non-Executive Director of Amabubesi Investments (PTY) Ltd but served as executive director at some point.
- Director of Telkom SA SOC Limited (Telkom SA Ltd.) (2001-2004)
- He was also an Independent Non-Executive Director at Transnet SOC Limited (2008-2012).
- He also served Director of Bulawayo Electrical Supplies (Proprietary) Limited.
- He currently serves on the Advisory Council of the Stellenbosch Business School.
- Old Mutual Alternative Risk Transfer Limited.
- Old Mutual Asset Managers (Namibia) (Proprietary) Limited.
- Old Mutual Health Insurance Limited.
- Old Mutual Healthcare (South Africa) (Proprietary) Limited.
- Old Mutual Properties (Proprietary) Limited.
- Old Mutual Portfolio Holdings (Namibia) (Proprietary) Limited
- Old Mutual Unit Trust Management Company Namibia Limited and as deputy chairman of Old Mutual Holdings (Namibia) (Proprietary) Limited.
- Old Mutual Foundation Management (Proprietary Limited.
- Old Mutual Investment Administrators (Proprietary) Limited.
- Old Mutual Life Assurance Co (Namibia) Limited.
- Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (Zimbabwe) Limited.
- Old Mutual Life Holdings (South Africa) Limited.
- Old Mutual Specialised Finance (Proprietary) Limited
- Old Mutual Technology Holdings (Proprietary) Limited; and as trustee of Old Mutual (Namibia) dividend Access Trust.
- STS Trust.
- T.D. Investment Trust.
- The Business Section 18A (c) (i) Education Trust.
- The Business Section 18A (c) (ii) Education Trust.
- The Business Section 18A (d) Education Trust.
- Old Mutual (South Africa) Foundation and the Old Mutual (Namibia) Foundation.
- Worldwide Capital Limited.
- Pinnacle Technology Holdings.
- Liberty Holdings Limited.
- Utafutaji Trading 36 (Pty) Limited, RZT Zelpy 4972 (Pty) Limited (Chairman).
- Lexshell 713 Investments (Pty) Limited, Clorpique 149 (Pty) Limited.
- Corridor Infrastructure Development Holdings.
- Mtha-We-Mpumalelo Investments.
- Plexus Fundamental – Funds (Pty) Limited and Darting Trading 161 (Pty) Limited.
- “Peter Moyo (Business Executive)“. Pindula retrieved 2020-14-01