Louis Oosthuizen (born as Lodewicus Theodorus “Louis” Oosthuizen; 19 October 1982 in Mossel Bay) is a South African professional golfer, businessman, and family man.
He won the Open Championship in 2010. Louis also holds the distinction as runner-up in all four (4) major championships.
Louis also plays in numerous professional tours including PGA Tour, European Tour, and the Sunshine Tour. He is popular his golf swing techniques.
- Full name: Lodewicus Theodorus “Louis” Oosthuizen
- Age: 37 years
- Date of Birth: 19 October 1982
- Nationality: South African
- Wife: Nel-Mare Oosthuizen
- Career: Golfer, Businessman
His date of birth is on the 19th of October, 1982 and birthplace is in Mossel Bay, South Africa. Louis Oosthuizen is 37 years (2019).
He stands as tall as of 1.78 m in height.
He was born into the family of Piet Oosthuizen (father) and Minie Oosthuizen (mother).
He got married to Nel-Mare Oosthuizen. The couple has three (3) children namely; Sophia Oosthuizen, Emma Oosthuizen and Jana Oosthuizen. Louis and his family live in Jupiter, Florida.
- World Junior Championship (2000).
- All African Games – Kenya, Transvaal Amateur Stroke Play Championship – South Africa (2001).
- Indian Amateur Open Championship (tied), Irish Amateur Open Championship, Natal Open Stroke Play Championship (South Africa) – 2002
Louis holds the distinction of finishing runner-up in all four (4) major championships:
- Masters Tournament – 2012
- U.S. Open – 2015
- Open Championship – 2015
- PGA Championship – 2017
He emerged winner of the 2010 Masters Par 3 Contest. Louis finished as runner-up at the 2012 Masters Tournament.
He was unable to complete the Dubai Desert Classic following a neck injury he sustained.