Itumeleng Khune (born with the full name Itumeleng Isaac Khune; 20th of June 1987 in Tshing, Ventersdrop, North West) is a South African footballer.
He plays the position of a goalkeeper for Kaizer Chiefs in PSL and also in the South African National team.
Itumeleng Khune Biography
The goalkeeper walked into fame after saving three (3) penalties from Esrom Nyandoro and Peter Ndlovu in a match against Mamelodi Sundowns in the Telkom Knockout final in 2007.
His date of birth is on 20 June 1987 and his place of birth is in Tshing, Ventersdorp in the North West. Itumeleng Khune is 33 years old (2020).
The name of Itumeleng Khune’s wife is Sphelele Makhunga. The happy couple is expectant of a baby.
He was born into a family of six (6) children of Elias Khune (his father) and Flora Khune (his mother). His father was a driver at a mine in Carletonville.
Elias, his father, also was a player in an amateur football as a striker. Lucky Khune, a player in Baberwa FC, is his brother.
According to reliable sources on the web, Itumeleng Khune earned a salary of around R470,000 a month when signing a contract with Kaizer Chiefs. He goalkeeper settled for about R5.6 million a year.
Itumeleng Khune is estimated to have a net worth of around R15 Million, placing him on the list of the richest players in the PSL.
Awards & Honours
- “Premier Soccer League (3)”: (2004–05, 2012–13, 2014–15)
- “ABSA Cup/Nedbank Cup (2)”: (2006, 2013, 2014)
- “Coca-Cola Cup/Telkom Knockout (4)”: (2004, 2007, 2009, 2010)
- “SAA Supa 8/MTN 8 (3)”: (2006, 2008, 2014, 2015)
- “PSL Footballer of the Year” (2012–13)
- “PSL Players’ Player of the Season” (2007–08, 2012–13)
- “PSL Club Rookie of the Year” (2007–08)
- “SA Sports Awards Sportsman” (2013)
- “SA Sports Awards Newcomer of the Year” (2008)
- “Telkom Knockout Player of the Tournament” (2007)
- “Telkom Knockout Goalkeeper of the Tournament” (2007)
- “Premier Soccer League Goalkeeper of the Season” (2007–08, 2012–13,2013–14)
- “Kaizer Chiefs Player of the Season” (2007–08, 2012–13)
- “Kaizer Chiefs Player’s Player of the Season” (2007–08, 2012–13)
- “Nedbank Cup Player of the Tournament” (2013)
Based on a popular description, Khune is a player with higher than normal diving skills and reflexes. His unique goalkeeping skills come handy to stop a close-shot and free-kick stopper.
The keeper has elite kicking abilities and accurate goal kicks and punts. He is also good at taking or reducing pressure off his defense and creating opportunities for attacks.
He is also skilled with his weak foot which is useful to correctly clear the ball with both feet when he is under pressure.
If you believe that this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right. Please Request a review