Ms. Muthambi (born Azwihangwisi Faith Muthambi) is a South African politician. She serves under the position of the Minister of Communications and climbed the position in May 2014.
She is also a Member of the parliament, RSA, and serves as a member of the Pan Africa Parliament for five years (2009-2014). As a member of the Thohoyandou BMF branch, she served as the chairperson.
She is also a member of the Provincial Executive Committee of the ANC, Limpopo. Ms. Muthambi is also a member of the Provincial Working Committee.
Currently, she is Convener of the Legislature and Governance Sub-committee.
On 2 July 2019, she became the chairperson at Portfolio Committee on Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs at the National Assembly.
|Born||Azwihangwisi Faith Muthambi|
|Alma mater||University of Venda|
|Political party||African National Congress|
She holds a BProc degree from the University of Venda (1996). In 2000, she was done with her Attorney’s Admission Exam. She holds several other qualifications including a certificate in;
- Computer Training
- Executive Leadership in Municipality Development Programme
- Project Management
- Fraud Examination
- Sport Law
- Leadership Development, and
- Program in Municipal Finance Development.
In 1989, she became a member of the SA National Students Congress. After being a member for a year, she left in 1990.
In 1991, Ms. Muthambi started service as a Secretary of the Tshimbupfe branch of ANCYL in Limpopo. Following a service of one year, she ended in 1992.
In the same year, 1992, she became a member of the Executive Committee of the shimbupfe ANC branch and served for a year.
For six years, she served under the capacity of Deputy Secretary of the ANC Vuwani Zone (1993-1999).
She was also Whip of the Portfolio Committee on Communications. Ms. Muthambi served in the SCOPA.
She has held several key positions in various Municipalities in Limpopo.
Ms. Muthambi worked as a Senior Manager: Corporate Services, Legal advisor, and Municipal Manager. She also worked under the position of Manager at Labour Relations, Limpopo Premiers Office.
Since 2006, she serves as a member of the Regional Executive Committee of the ANC in the Vhembe region.
She also served as a member of the ANCYL REC & PEC. In 2005, she also was of service as the Provincial Treasurer of the ANCYL, Limpopo (2005-2008).
Faith Muthambi is an admitted attorney of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa. She is also a member of the Black Lawyers Association.
She is also a member of the SA Women Lawyers Association.
- Portfolio Committee on Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs.
- National Assembly (Parliament)
- African National Congress (ANC) (Party)
- Portfolio Committee on Labour, National Assembly Committees (March 2018-May 2019).
- National Assembly, Parliament (May 2014-May 2019)
- National Assembly, Parliament (May 2014-May 2014)
- National Assembly, Parliament (May 2009-May 2014)
- Portfolio Committee on Communications, Committee (May 2014)
- Public Accounts, Committee (until May 2014)
Faith Muthambi can be reached through any of the contact details provided;
Phone: 083 259 5454 • 076 026 4624
Rumored Ben 10
In 2017, she was rumored to be dating Elija. The former minister made waves to be dating the young man who she may have met in the universities.
Online sources gathered that she may have met her young lover during her days as a postgraduate student in the university.
Elija at that time was an undergraduate student. Though neither of them (Elijah and Ms. Muthambi) has spoken out in agreement or defense to the allegation.
- “Profile of Ms Faith Muthambi“. Government Communications. Retrieved 22-05-2021.
- “Ms Faith Muthambi“. People’s Assembly. Retrieved 22-05-2021.
- “Faith Muthambi biography: age, date of birth, family, education background, qualifications and rumoured Ben 10 affair“. Briefly SA. Retrieved 22-05-2021.
- “Faith Muthambi“. Wikipedia. Retrieved 22-05-2021.
Want to Submit Your Biography?
Disclaimer! Each content published on The Nation is for education-related purposes. Contact us to make corrections or contributions.