Barrack Muluka (born on 10 January 1958 in Kakamega) is a Kenyan publisher and political analyst. He has worked with ELT East African Educational Publications as editor.
He is a publishing editor and strategic communications adviser. Barrack has written articles on politics and regularly comments on affairs relating to social and the public.
As a writer, he has many Kenyan biographies and several literary works to his name. He has also written on social and political treatises.
|Name||Barrack Okwaro Muluka|
|Born||10 January 1958 (age 63 years)|
|Education||BA, MA, Ph.D, PGD|
|Alma mater||University of Nairobi|
University of Leicester
|Wife||Dorothy Nafula Makokha|
|Children||Eugene Samuel, Lorraine Anyanje|
|Profession||Writer, publisher, political analyst|
He holds a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Politics and International Relations from University of Leicester (2012 – 2020).
For his Master’s degree (MA), he attended the University of Nairobi and studied Armed Conflict & Peace Studies (2008 – 2010).
Barrack Muluka studied for a PGD Mass Communication in Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs (1985 – 1986).
He also holds a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Linguistics and English at the University of Nairobi (1979 – 1983).
In 1983, he was a Graduate teacher at TSC, Nairobi, Kenya. In the same year, he began to work as a Radio producer for Voice of Kenya and left the job in 1986.
The job as a lecturer at the Kenya Institute of Mass Communications followed the same year and worked for a year until 1987.
In 1987, he became an editor for ELT East African Educational Publications and worked with them until 1996. Other job roles and memberships include;
- Public manager (1994 – 1996)
- Editorial and production director (since 1997)
- Editorial consultant Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Nairobi (since 1997)
- Member Africa Council Communications Education (since 1989)
- Member, trainer African Public Institute (1994)
- Trainer Collaborative Center Gender & Development (since 1997)
Marquis Who’s Who listed Barrack Okwaro Muluka as a “noteworthy publisher”.
- International Board Books for the Young
- Kenya Oral Literature Association
- Kenya Children’s Literature Association.
He is married to Dorothy Nafula Makokha. The couple exchanged their marital vows on 5 December 1983. Their marriage is blessed with children – Eugene Samuel, Lorraine Anyanje.
- “Barrack Okwaro Muluka“. Prabook. Retrieved 01-06-2021.
- “Barrack Muluka, B.A., PGDip., M.A., PhD“. LinkedIn. Retrieved 01-06-2021.
- “About – Barrack Muluka“. Barrack Muluka. Retrieved 01-06-2021.
Want to Submit Your Biography?
Disclaimer! Each content published on The Nation is for education-related purposes. Contact us to make corrections or contributions.