Adrian Gore Biography
Adrian Gore (born 16 May 1964) is a South African entrepreneur. He is the founder and group C.E.O of Discovery Limited. He is a co-founder of Rand Merchant Bank.
|Age||54 years old|
He was born on 16 May 1964, as of 2019 Adrian Gore is 54 years old.
Adrian and his wife, Lauren Gore tied the knot in 1987 and their marriage is blessed with two children.
His shareholding in Discovery has fetched him huge returns. Adrian has an estimated fortune at around R7 billion from Discovery.
“He made a total of R17 million including a basic salary of R6.2 million and a performance bonus of R3.6 million.”
As the founder of Discovery Holdings Limited, which now owns other institutions including Discovery Health, Vitality and Life in South Africa, Destiny Health in the US.
The group makes a total inflow of about R25 billion annually and is advancing into an area of investment with Discovery Invest. Adrian Gore has an estimated net worth of $480 Million.
In 1986, he obtained his first degree from Wits University. Adrian is a member of the Actuarial Society of South Africa. He is also a member of the Actuaries and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- He was recognized as South Africa’s Best Entrepreneur by Ernst & Young in 1998.
- In 2004, He was selected as South Africa’s leading CEO in the annual MoneyWeb CEO’s CEO of the Year Awards.
- He also received the Investec Award for Considerable Contribution in a Career/Profession in 2008.
- Adrian was named as the Sunday Times Business Leader of the Year in 2010.
- He currently is the chairman of the South African chapter of Endeavor.
- He is a member of the World Economic Forum Global Health Advisory Board.
“I believe leaders are positive and optimistic – this doesn’t mean they walk around with a smile and never see obstacles or challenges. They have an innate belief that they can find a way. They have a positive disposition and, therefore, invariably make better decisions. Leaders make time to dream, think big and then set goals to get there. They have a sense of urgency – and innate understanding that time is limited and therefore act accordingly. They never stop learning – the more you learn, the more your capacity to learn increases. Successful leaders are persistent – they always feel they can squeeze out more time, productivity or profit. And leaders are honest – they have integrity.”
- South African Best Entrepreneur, Ernst & Young (1998).
- Manex Award from the University of the Witwatersrand Business School (2013).
- Named as the Sunday Times business leader of the year (2010).
- South Africa’s leading CEO in the annual MoneyWeb CEO of the Year Awards (2004).
- South African Jewish Business Achiever Award.
Discovery Holdings CEO: Mr. Adrian Gore
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +27 11 529 2888
Fax: +27 11 539 8003
If you believe that this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right. Please Request a review